Two screwdrivers, a hammer and a saw are four of the essential seven tools in this collection. This extra thick wooden puzzle includes seven easy-grasp, chunky tool shaped pieces, each with a full-color, matching picture underneath. Tool pieces can stand on edges for pretend play. Encourages eye-hand, fine motor and creative expression skills.
More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to line up the pieces, and count them aloud together.
- Ask the child to identify all the colors on the pieces.
- Help the child to line up the tools from biggest (saw) to smallest (tape measure). Are any pieces the same size?
- Identify each tool, and explain to the child what its job is. Encourage the child to act out each job using the board-and-nail illustrations on the puzzle board. (A saw cuts the wood. A hammer taps in nails. A wrench turns a bolt or screw. Pliers grab and pull. Screwdrivers twist a screw into the wood or out of the wood. A tape measure measures how long or tall our puzzle is!)
- With all the pieces on the puzzle board, ask the child questions to make up a simple story about the building project. For instance, "What would you like to build with these tools?" or "Should we make a big or small project?"
Dimensions: 1" x 9" x 12"