ARK's Y-Chew® XT is an "Xtra Tough" version of our regular Y-Chew. It's made out of a firmer material recommended for individuals who exert more jaw pressure, but it's still chewy and resilient. Use this oral motor chew tool to exercise the lips, tongue, cheeks, and especially the jaw, allowing the mouth to learn and grow strong through oral exploration. It can also be used:
- As an oral fidget for sensory seekers craving oral input and stimulation
- As a safe alternative to biting/chewing on fingers, shirts, and other hazardous non-food items
- To decrease thumb sucking, tooth grinding, and finger/knuckle biting
- To practice biting/chewing skills without the risk of choking
- To improve jaw strength, jaw stability, tongue movement, and other feeding skills
- To satisfy the urge to chew for individuals who are fed through a g-tube
- To build oral tone, strength, mobility, control, coordination, and endurance
- To decrease oral sensitivities, oral defensiveness, and food aversions
ARK manufactures these chew tools in the USA! They're constructed out of medical grade, FDA compliant materials that contain NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex. They're also molded out of one solid piece of material with no holes or crevices that could harbor saliva or bacteria. Made in the USA
Caution: although these chew tools are made out of sturdy, medical grade materials, they are not indestructible. Some individuals (particularly those with heavy oral needs and aggressive biting/chewing) may be able to damage the tools. Please supervise at all times and replace if necessary when the item shows signs of wear and tear
- The handle allows for an easy grip, and the extensions on the top part of the "y" make it easy to reach the back molar area we do most of our chewing.
- Each arm has a different texture: one smooth, one ribbed, and one with gentle bumps. The varied texture helps introduce new sensations and decrease oral aversions.
- The handle measures 2½ inches and the extensions measure 1¾ and 1¼ inches respectively.
- Made in the USA! The Y-Chew is manufactured in the United States out of medical grade, FDA compliant material that contain NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex.