ARK's Grabber® is our original and most popular chew tool that's soft and chewy. Use it to exercise the lips, tongue, cheeks, and especially the jaw, allowing the mouth to learn and grow strong through oral exploration. It can also be used:
- As an oral fidget for sensory seekers craving stimulation and proprioceptive input
- As a safe alternative to chewing on hands, knuckles, shirts, pencils, etc.
- As an alternative to tooth-grinding and/or thumb-sucking
- To help decrease oral defensiveness and food aversions
- To practice biting/chewing without the risk of choking
- To build oral strength, mobility, and control
- To satisfy the urge to chew for individuals who are fed through a g-tube
ARK Therapeutic manufactures the Grabber® in the USA! It's constructed out of medical grade, FDA compliant materials that contain NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex. It's also molded out of one solid piece of material with no holes or crevices that could harbor saliva or bacteria. Caution: although these chew tools are made out of sturdy, medical grade materials, they are not indestructible. Some individuals (particularly those with heavy oral needs and aggressive biting/chewing) may be able to damage the tools. Please supervise at all times and replace if necessary when the item shows signs of wear and tear
- The Grabber® has a "built-in" handle that makes it easy for the hand to hold.
- While all surfaces can be chewed on, the long extension allows individuals to reach the back molar area where we do most of our chewing.
- The Grabber® measures 5 inches lengthwise, and just under 2 inches across the loop/handle.
- The Grabber® comes in several different sizes, textures, scents, and levels of resilience to best fit each individual's needs:
- The regular purple Grabber® is soft and chewy
- The Grabber XT® is constructed of a firmer, "Xtra Tough" material for individuals who exert more jaw pressure.
- The Textured Grabber® has various tactile bumps to simulate the texture of real food.
- Made in the USA! The Grabber® is manufactured in the United States from medical grade materials that are FDA compliant and contain no lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex.